Brock is an athletic coach and elite competitor who focuses on running events from 1-mile track races up to 100-mile ultramarathons. He won the 40+ masters division at the Philadelphia Marathon in 2017, the Blues Cruise 50K Trail Ultra race the same year, and the USATF Masters 3000m Indoor nationals and Cherry Blossom 10 mile race in 2018.
Brock’s passion is helping athletes of all ages gain satisfaction and confidence by fully expressing their potential as a runner. He started Run Expression, Team Run Xpress, and the Runner’s Toolkit to provide athlete education, coaching services, and a social community in the Philly region.
It comes as a surprise to me that at 41 years old, I’m able to run better than I have at any other time in my life. I can’t quite achieve the same times as my college days when I was a track and cross country athlete at Villanova University. But the fact that I can get as close as I do is a testament to how much I’ve learned over the years.
With limited ability to improve my VO2 max, I’ve instead been able to improve through better training methods, running techniques, gear selections, and mental performances. Sometimes, it leaves me wondering… If only I knew then what I know now!
Yet now is what I have, so now is what I’m working with. Dr. Arianne’s guidance, plus a consistent focus on becoming more efficient, athletic and resilient, is helping me reach levels of performance I never thought I’d experience again in my lifetime. I’m also having more fun in the process than I can ever remember.
Yet as good as it feels to perform well in races, the most rewarding activity for me is helping other runners unlock their athletic potential. I want people to experience the joy and confidence that comes from running.
And it isn’t just the performance that matters, as I’ve been finding more and more each new day. The process and lessons learned along the way are just as important.
It would be my pleasure to connect with you.
More About Brock
- 2018 Ultra Race of Champions 100K Trail Run: 10 hours, 43 min, 4th overall
- 2018 Broad Street 10-Mile Run: 52:30, 2nd overall master
- 2018 Saucony Mile (Limerick Airport): 4:33, 2nd overall
- 2018 Cherry Blossom 10-Mile Run: 53:04, 1st overall master
- 2018 Great Valley HS 5K (Run with the Butterflies): 15:34, 3rd overall
- 2018 USATF National Masters Indoor Track 3000m: 9:16, 1st 40-44 age group
- 2017 Philly Marathon: 2:36, 1st overall master
- 2017 Blues Cruise 50K Trail Race: 4:04, 1st overall master
- Begin with the End — Figure out what you want to achieve and why it matters
- Know Yourself — Assess where you are at and where your biggest limiters exist
- Plan & Train — Tailor training to progress safely to new limits
- Connect — Celebrate, share, and support with your community
This cycle is not a one-time process. It repeats throughout the year, enabling new learnings, skills, techniques, and connections to build proficiency and enjoyment.